How to choose an insurance defense attorney
A good insurance defense lawyer will protect your company and represent you in cases that involve health insurance claims, homeowners’ insurance policies, auto insurance, and accusations of “bad faith” denial of an insured’s claim.
Insurance defense attorneys have specialized knowledge and need to be responsive to the priorities of their clients. Think about the following characteristics when choosing an insurance defense attorney for your company:
- Knowledge of how state law applies to case can help determine best legal strategy
- Attention to detail for finding all exclusions rather than focusing on one
- Diligence to ask for full copies of policy documentation and foresight to follow-up with all parties
- The comfort level you and the prospective lawyer will share when revealing personal information.
- Finding out more about their credentials, such as: how long have they been practicing or if they worked on similar cases before.
- The costs involved, which incorporate both the lawyer’s fees and the entire cost of the case as well.
- The city where the insurance defense attorney is located – is it a convenient location to your company and are they easy to reach.
When you are dealing with complicated insurance claim issues in Buffalo, Garden City, Niagara Falls, Rochester or Syracuse, NY, let the experienced insurance defense attorneys at Hagelin Spencer represent your case.